Friday, December 5, 2008

Oooh what a beautiful day!

A month ago, I spoke to my friends in Europe who have a baby couple months older than my daughter. They told me that their baby has been sleeping through the night without eating since four months. I was so impressed, and wondered how they did it. Few days latter, a friend of mine whos baby is couple months younger than my baby wrote me an e-mail and told me she was only getting 2 hours of sleep at night. I went wow, I'm not a lone. I decided to take my time, and do it my way. I have no idea how I did it, I'm now able to sleep for at least 4-6 hours most of the nights. One day I decided I'm not going to wake up at night and feed my baby. It was not easy, she cried, and cried at night, and at first I just fed her, but after two weeks of trying, I'm glad to announce that most of the nights I put her to bed at around 10pm and feed her when she wakes up by 6am. Well I didn't do this with my son. I actually waited until he was 15 months. I know every baby is different. Thus says, sometimes it does not matter what you do, if the child is not ready, it might take them a while. One thing you should remember, you are not alone, and do what works for you!

No comments: